Zimbabwe Human Rights Organisation
  • Home
  • Democracy
    • MyRight2Vote
    • Referendum
    • New Constitution
    • 45-46 Years
    • Zimbassy
  • Human Rights
    • Zim Updates
    • Human Rights UK
    • Asylum UK
    • Gukurahundi
    • Sanitation
    • Mismanagement
  • News
    • Events
    • Obituaries
  • 15-105km Walks
    • Walker Reactions
  • Media-Links
    • Flickr
    • Take2Zimbabwe Website
    • Weekly-Vigil
    • Zexit Website
    • Gukurahundi
    • Facebook-ZHRO
    • Press
    • Site Map
  • Contact
    • About Us
  1. You are here:  
  2. Home
  3. News

Zim Embassy Protest LONDON

Details
Published: 28 June 2020
Hits: 2107
  • Human Rights Zimbabwe

This protest was a campaign to release Dr Peter Magumbei who had been illegally and immorally detained by the Zanu PF junta that rules Zimbabwe. This event took place on 18th September 2019. Supported by Molly and Sibongile

 

 

 

ZANU PF abducts MDC Women

Details
Published: 14 May 2020
Hits: 2506
cropped our girlsZANU PF abducts MDC Women during COVID-19, ZHRO planning a series of Protests like no other. 
 
Zimbabwe Human Rights Organisation (ZHRO) has received very reliable and credible reports within the ZHRO social media chat rooms, that 3, Movement for Democratic Change (MDC) Women have been illegally arrested by ZANU PF proxies, Zimbabwe Republic Police (ZRP)
 

The British Embassy in Harare has expressed concern over the enforced disappearance of three MDC Alliance activists who were arrested on Wednesday during a flash demo in Warren Park, a suburb in Harare.

In a post on Twitter [14th May 2020], the UK Embassy urged Zimbabwean authorities to locate the missing activists and for the security services to act in line with the national Constitution. It said:

"Concerned to hear lawyers still not told of whereabouts of 3 female MDC officials reportedly arrested in Harare.

[We] Urge authorities to use their resources to locate urgently in line with security services’ obligation to act at all times in line with Zimbabwe’s law and constitution."

Read more: ZANU PF abducts MDC Women

SADC Shame

ZHRO vs SADC, London Rally Tanzania High Commission

Details
Published: 08 October 2019
Hits: 2685
ZHRO Leadership Rally for, “All Hands on Deck Stop Raping Zimbabwe, SADC, London Rally at, Tanzania High Commission.”
 
ZHRO Joins the, "Stop Raping Zimbabwe London Protest."  The Leadership has called for, "all hands on deck." please sign the PETITION
 
To save Zimbabwe.  ZHRO (Zimbabwe Human Rights Organisation) leadership, have announced that ZHRO will be taking part in an, "All Hands on Deck," Peaceful Planned Protest, scheduled For the 25th of October 2019 in London.  The main aim of the Protest is to call out the Junta, which is the so-called Government in Zimbabwe and to save Zimbabwe, from the Lies that are peddling to facilitate the, wholesale, "RAPING in broad daylight,” of the country, by ZANU PF and its proxies.
 
The main aim of the Junta on the 25th of October 2019, as advertised on their platforms, will be to call for an end to Sanctions through SADC (Southern African Development Community).  SADC is currently headed by the President of Tanzania, whilst the administrative headquarters is in Gaborone, Botswana.  With this in mind, the “Stop Raping Zimbabwe London Protest”, which is scheduled for the 25th of October 2019, is to highlight to the SADC leaders and the SADC administrative officers that Zimbabweans are tired of their County’s resources being raped by the Junta et al.  Just like in Botswana, the resources are meant to benefit the whole population of Zimbabwe, not just those who are at the upper echelons of power and those close to them. 

Read more: ZHRO vs SADC, London Rally Tanzania High Commission

105km Achieved in 2019

Details
Published: 28 September 2019
Hits: 3798
  • Sponsored Walk,
  • Walk for Freedom
  • Diaspora


Early Morning at Devil's DykeThe ZHRO walk for freedom started on Saturday 21st September 2019 at 6:30am at Brighton Pier. The end point was Hampton Court Train Station at 8:55am on Sunday 22nd September 2019. The first leg was started by Rashiwe Bayisayi and John Burke. They walked out of Brighton and up to the South Downs at Devil's Dyke [Photo: at the top] and then, all the way to Christ's Hospital Rail Station, where they took a break after the difficult 37 km stretch but, John Burke announced that he was pulling out with foot trouble. 

The next leg was from Christ's Hospital Railway Station to Guildford Railway Station. This was done by, Rashiwe and Sarah Bayisayi, who stood-in for the retiring John Burke. This was the point at which, the walkers were met by, ZHRO Chairwoman, Chipochedenga Parirenyatwa. She was at Christ's Hospital Railway Station meeting point to help the walkers by being part of the support unit - with food, drink, massage and pep talk!

Read more: 105km Achieved in 2019

We cannot Mourn a Monster

Details
Published: 06 September 2019
Hits: 2957
mugabeWe are neither going to mourn nor celebrate his death.  We would rather use his death to mark the end of one tyrant.  He has caused, has been responsible for killings, abductions and wars.  His system lives on.  His system is what ZANU PF are using.  The AU and UN have not called him and kith and kin out.  
 
Not even 1 trial has happened to face charges against humanity.  
 
It is therefore on us as "The People's" to do what he couldn't do and unite as Africans.
 
Many Zimbabweans, and others, will have mixed feelings about the death of Robert Mugabe, a 'late-coming' liberator who saw an opportunity to became a tyrant. He had the actual hero's of the revolution killed, so he could claim it for himself. This is a man who did some good for Zimbabwe in the 1980s, but as he grew older his henchmen, who have now become Zimbabwe leaders, abducted, killed, and ruthlessly crushed the opposition on his behalf. 
 
We are sure many have begun to see the horrors being perpetrated by the ruthless machinery that he created. 
 
Southern Africa nations will see him as a hero who stood up to the west apart from the former president of Botswana who staunchly criticised the tyrant. 
 
It is not clear what the rest of the African leaders will make of him. What is clear is that those countries still under the so called" liberation parties" will see him as a hero. But if we sift out the propaganda, and look to the 'people' a differing picture will emerge.
 
We in the diaspora hope that the world will realise that Mugabe has left a dangerous ZANU-PF that he created. A regime that has killed many people during the short period since the coup in 2017 that they have been in power.
 
Today, we see a proud Zimbabwean people reduced to refugees and destitute in many countries including South Africa where they are being burned alive in the ongoing xenophobic/afrophobic attacks. Mugabe leaves a legacy that is tainted with murders, election rigging and breath-taking corruption - with some being billionaires as we speak.

Zanu PF Intimidation with Food Aid

Details
Published: 04 September 2019
Hits: 2485

utengaThe Minister of State for Masvingo Provincial Affairs, Ezra Chadzamira last weekend gave a chilling warning to residents of Rutenga growth point Ward 18, Mwenezi East, that should they remain ‘defiantly’ in support of the MDC, food aid from government will be withdrawn from them.

Chadzamira made the remarks on August 24 when he addressed Zanu PF supporters who gathered at Rutenga, the heartland of the opposition party supporters in the district, for the victory celebrations hosted by Mwenezi East legislator Joosbi Omar.

Ward 18 is the only one won by the opposition party in the whole district during the 2018 harmonised elections. Mwenezi district has a total of 18 wards. Chadzamira said food aid was a privilege bestowed by Zanu PF and could be withdrawn from ‘non-Zanu PF supporters’ at any given time. He said the opposition supporters will for now be given a reprieve which will however not be maintained if they continued to exhibit ‘deviant’ behaviour.

“Everyone should get food aid because there is hunger all over. I heard that here in Rutenga social welfare is not being distributed but I have instructed the DA it must be distributed here as well. As time goes on, we will not continue feeding other people’s children….as we move forward, each one will be fed by his own father.

Read more: Zanu PF Intimidation with Food Aid

‘New Dispensation’ Has Redefined Kleptocracy – Biti (2)

Details
Published: 04 September 2019
Hits: 2283

Tendai BitiMDC co-vice president, Tendai Biti has bemoaned what he calls “State Capture” in Zimbabwe characterised by the formation of cartels in command agriculture, fuel sector, banking sector, communications sector, to mention but a few.

Biti opined that the crude ecosystem of State Capture now a reality in Zimbabwe has never been seen before. He writes:

"Beyond legitimacy and the economic crisis, the country suffers from an unprecedented, unparalleled and unmitigated, scourge of capture and corruption. The current regime has redefined kleptocracy, patronage and patrimonialism. The current regime has invented its own set of cronyism. A new blend of Mobutism that makes Mobutu Seseko a toddler, in the art of State Capture."

Read more: ‘New Dispensation’ Has Redefined Kleptocracy – Biti (2)

Illegal Inquiry says Veritas

Details
Published: 03 September 2018
Hits: 4947

Soldier running with bayonet fixed and attacking civiliansParliamentary, legal and civil rights watchdog, Veritas, has said that the appointment of the Kgalema Motlanthe led Commission of Inquiry to look into the events of August 1 was illegal. However, Veritas goes on to say that President Emmerson Mnangagwa can still rectify the situation when a new cabinet is appointed. In its latest bulletin, Veritas says

Elections alone are not giving the Zimbabwe government the legitimacy we all so badly need.  This is illustrated by the following statement:  “When not shooting civilians in the back, Zimbabwe’s ruling élite seems to be shooting itself in the foot.”  Those words appeared in The Economist on 11th August, in an article commenting on post-election violence.  The Economist is a highly respected magazine read by influential people in government and business throughout the world, and its comments on Zimbabwe are likely to colour the attitudes of potential investors and many western governments towards this country.

In view of this, the President’s announcement that he has appointed a commission of inquiry to look into post-election violence is to be given a cautious welcome.  Cautious because there are several problems with the commission, as will be explained in this bulletin.

The President’s Announcement

The announcement was given in a statement issued by the President on 29th August.  In it he said that he had appointed a seven-member commission consisting of local, regional and international members “who have been appointed in terms of the Commission [sic] of Inquiry Act [Chapter 10:07].”  The commission’s terms of reference, he went on, were as follows:

Read more: Illegal Inquiry says Veritas

#This Flag at the House of Commons

Details
Published: 23 February 2018
Hits: 6704

By Kingstone Jambawo: "Open for Freedom" meets "Walk for Freedom"
AKOA4964

London - 22 February 2018 - The founder of #ThisFlag Movement Pastor Evan Mawarire presented a passionate speech about his experiences, economic drive, and constitutional challenges at Westminster Parliament today.
The event which was organised by the Henry Jackson Society was attended by members of Zimbabwe Human Rights Organisation (ZHRO), Zimbabwe Diaspora Community, and Lord Chidgey who was in the chair until the arrival of MP for Vauxhall, Kate Hoey.

  • In his speech Pastor Mawarire described the situation in Zimbabwe as dire saying that a 30 minute speech by President Mnangagwa cannot change the effects of 37 years.
  • He said that those who were instrumental in intimidating the opposition - denied citizens their choices in 2008 and 2013 are still in government.
  • He paid tribute to the late Morgan Tsvangirai for putting up a great fight for freedom and justice under the most difficult conditions.
  • He criticised the regime for failing to publicly apologise for the Gukurahundi atrocities saying that it is the responsibility of the government to provide closure for the victims.
  • He gave his own personal experience at the hands of the regime and warned that it can happen to anyone.

"We need to move away from a situation where Zimbabwe is owned by a few - $15 billion goes missing and no one can account for it - we were incarcerated for demanding our rights - gone are the days when people remained silent - young people have gripped the idea of freeing themselves - our freedom is more important to us than ever before" he said.

 When asked by the BBC reporter about Free and Fair Election - he was not at all confident that these would happen and cited 2000 and 2008 as examples of Military interference (with 2008 being a de-facto Coup - the Military refused to accept the MDC Victory).

"When MDC won the elections in 2008, the missing factor was the ordinary citizens - we the people were the missing component - but since #ThisFlag Movement, people have made it their aim to sacrifice for freedom - Mugabe had said that there are special jails for people like us saying ‘leave our politics alone' - and people like Paul Chizuze and Itai Dzamara are still missing" he said.

Read more: #This Flag at the House of Commons

Guilty until Proven Innocent

Details
Published: 31 January 2017
Hits: 4866

Guilty until Proven Innocent – my detention experience

A loud bang on the door during a raid ….a sudden deprivation of liberty at a reporting centre…..DETENTION.

Unless you’ve experienced this, you’ll never really know the true face of UK Immigration.

For me, detention presented confusion, fear and anxiety. It opened a psychological wound which will take a long time to heal.

Read more: Guilty until Proven Innocent

Anticipate Attrocities

Details
Published: 17 November 2016
Hits: 4531

Source: News24 Correspondent, Zimbabwe
Harare - Zimbabwe is entering a period of acute risk for mass atrocities - and things could get worse if President Robert Mugabe dies, the United States Holocaust Memorial Museum is warning.

Aged 92 and increasingly frail, the longtime Zimbabwe president's days are clearly numbered.

But he still has not named a successor and wants to stand in elections due in 2018.

Read more: Anticipate Attrocities

Page 7 of 7

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7

Smart-Search


Advanced Search

RSS Feeds

RSS

Copyright © 2016-2026 Zimbabwe Human Rights Organisation. All Rights Reserved.

Now running Joomla 6.1.0 | Updated:  14th April 2026